- Solo & Group Lessons based on an individualized Sensational Piano Playing™ curriculum for each student
- Transformation of your practicing, playing & enjoyment of the piano
- Communication/Parent-Teacher Conferences – phone, text, email & in person
- Lesson & event scheduling
- Research, procurement & inventory of teaching materials
- Repertoire planning & paperwork for recitals & competitions
- Travel to/from & attendance at off-site events
- Bookkeeping, invoicing & other business expenses
- Facility & Instrument care & maintenance
- Teacher attendance at continuing education events
- Over 6 decades of piano study & performance, degree studies, teacher training & experience
- Teacher professional organization memberships
Piano Tuition & Attendance Policy
- Annual, nonrefundable
- $60 – paid upon contracting for lessons for new students, by September 15 or when the existing fund is expended for continuing students
- For new students, once lessons begin, it becomes your materials fund for the school year & summer following. A new fee is assessed each Fall.
- I will procure music for you. (For adult students/those with extensive music collections: if you are accustomed to & knowledgeable about ordering your own music, this fee may be waived – let’s discuss what will serve you best.)
- Recital/Contest/Competition entry fees will be assessed in addition to the Registration Fee, on a per-event basis.
- Tuition is paid in equal monthly payments: August – May for school year lessons, June – July for Summer lessons.
- In May we will create a Summer Lessons package to suit your family’s Summer plans. Tuition for June & July payments will be adjusted according to your Summer plan.
- Please email or call (828) 230.7343 for detailed information about lesson packages & tuition.
- Any lesson I miss, for any reason, will be made up.
- Lessons missed by students for illness will be made up if I receive 24 hours notice – up to 1 lesson per semester.
- Beyond one lesson per semester, or for insufficient notice, makeup lessons will be scheduled at my discretion.
- Advance notice time for voice mail/email/text messages is counted from when I hear/see the message, not when you leave/send it. My cell (828.230.7343) is best for this communication.
- No makeups will be given for conflicting activities/appointments.
- Cancellations due to lack of preparation are not advised – we can use the time to good advantage.
- Makeup lessons will be completed within the school year (ideally within the semester) in which they become necessary.
- There are no tuition refunds/credits for missed lessons.
- It is not possible to make up Group Lessons that students miss. If I miss a Group Lesson, I will reschedule it.
***Special ❤️ Request***
To anyone who’s feeling like they’re coming down with something/has symptoms (sneezing, sore throat, coughing, etc.), Please Stay Home & Take Care Of Yourself. Attending lessons in this condition is rarely fun or beneficial, & your being well/supporting a healthy environment in the teaching studio is appreciated. Thank you!